2.08.2011

say "yes" to the dress

i guess i've always done things a little different (when you look at the way things are done in a pretty traditional catholic family)...so why should this wedding be anything but nontraditional. since the engagement i've been determined not to be that crazy bride i see all over reality tv shows. i am overwhelmed by the massive bridal shows, i am painfully uncomfortable when all the attention is centered on me, and i think it would be easier to find my wedding dress on my own rather than with an entourage. but a few weeks ago i had the most "bridey" experience and my reaction to it surprised me!

i have been searching the web for the perfect wedding dress. i found one and, of course, it wasn't your typical wedding dress. i tried it on and fell in love but before purchasing i still wanted to get that whole dress experience. the more i started talking about this dress the more people wanted to see it so i rounded up my "entourage" and headed for the dress. even though the people with me were family it was still a little awkward having all eyes on me. i don't know why but oohing and awing makes me cringe. everyone loved the dress...apparently "it's so me."  but i still wanted to see what was out there before making this big decision. we went to an adorable boutique in sellwood and that's where the magic happened. the 4th dress i tried on made me feel like a full on white wearing', bouquet tossin', "i do" sayin' bride! there i was standing on a little pedestal while they kept adding things making me feel even more bridey! hair up, hair piece here, sash there...it was incredible...and i actually liked the feeling. it made everything seem more real like this is really happening and i'm so excited for our special day.

so you would think this dress that made me feel like a bona fide bride would be the one right? oh no that would be too easy. truthfully i still can't let the first dress go. the two are completely different and each one would give off completely different "vibes" to the wedding. this would be an occasion where i would hold the first dress in my right hand, the second in my left, look at brandon and say: "okay pick!" and he would totally tell me what he thought of each one with 100% honesty. well i can't do that in this situation so i'm having a little bit of a hard time. the good news is that i have a year and a half to look and now i know what i'm looking for: a blend of the two! i'm  confident i'll find it...and when i do i'm actually looking forward to getting another taste of that bridey feeling.

hugs

 ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment